Thursday, May 27, 2021

A Little of This and a Little of That

I have been busy,  Busy doing a lot of nothing.  But that is about to change.

My camera stopped working.  OMG!  What a dilemma!  How does one write a blog without pictures?  I asked my DD to take some photos for me, but she is much too busy.  Online teaching and a hyper William dancing around demanding her attention.  It was all too much.  

I told her I wanted to buy a new camera.  She said, "Just use your cell phone and mail the photos to yourself".  Easy for her to say.  It was quite a learning experience for me.  First my cell phone was dead and needed to be re-charged - all night.  Then I wasn't able to send the photos because gmail blocked all my attempts.   Making the task even harder was the fact that I have to read everything with a magnifying glass.  My eyesight is still not great.  I spent the better part of the afternoon trying to figure things out.  I guess I'm just not a computer geek.  It was damned hard.  Lots of trial and error.  Mostly error.  But eventually I was able to do it. Notice my header?  Columbine, Scarborough's official flower.

I have been trying to do a bit of sewing each day.  Some days nothing gets done.  And some days I can sew for 15 to 20 minutes or so. 

 I had a whole box full of 2.5 inch scraps.  Plus some 2.5 inch strips.  So this is what I have been working on,  They are called keyhole blocks.

I still have a long way to go.  These blocks measure 6.5 by 10.5 inches unfinished.  But I am not trying to see how many I can get done.  I may only do a wall hanging or lap quilt.  This is just a bit of mindless sewing each day to keep me sane.

My garden is doing well.  Lots of colour.  My tomato plants are in the ground, but that's about all.  It will take a lot of work.  I figure if I pull a few weeds each day it will only take me till next spring to finish the job.  And then I can start over.  Oh, well.  

But for now let me show you a few more wisteria views.


 This one is of the whole shrub seen as you come into the back yard.



And this is on the garden side.


6 comments:

  1. Love the wisteria! I gave up my camera about a year ago and that's all I do now...take pics with my phone and send them to my computer. It works most of the time! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry. It works for me most of the time too. Hopefully when I figure it all out it will work more often.

      Delete
  2. Your keyhole blocks are going to be fun. Little bits of sewing here and there and eventually a stack of blocks to make something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower photos look great! My wisterias are yellow and losing their leaves now. So it is fun to see your spring garden.

    Do you have to email the photos to yourself? I plug my phone into my computer (USB cable) and copy the photos across. But maybe it depends on the type of phone/computer you have? Mine's an android phone and a windows computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vireya. For some reason, probably my oblivion and lack of know how, have caused me to be unable to get my photos off the phone that way.

      Delete