Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Calm and Confusion

I am happy to report that William was less stressed when he came home from school yesterday  He was no longer worried about the other students laughing at him.  They had phys ed.  His favourite!  They went outside and ran around the school yard.  He wanted to play 'hot potato' but they were only allowed to touch their own stuff.  He is still struggling to understand it all.  They did some soccer skills instead and he loved that.  He fell asleep without too much trouble at bedtime.

He will not have to go back to school until next Monday.  There were only 6 students in his class yesterday, but the students are being brought back in small groups.   There are still 3 more groups until they are all there.  I have no idea how many kids will eventually be in his class.

And that brings me to my concerns.  I was under the impression that there would be no more than 15 students to a class.  But now I am hearing 22 to 27 per class will be the norm..  What I don't understand is this:  How come we are not allowed to be with others in groups of more than 10?  Yet children in school are being put into groups that are twice as large.  Our premiere is keeping the province in stage 3 for at least another month because our Covid cases are going up daily.

I have more concerns,but they will have to wait until another time.  I have a doctor's appointment downtown today. I have to take Wheeltrans.  They will be picking me up shortly.

I just want to show you a couple of my red waffle blocks for this month.  Red is the colour of the month on soscrappy.  I have lots of red fabrics so this is easy.












3 comments:

  1. I wonder if they will do the every other day with the kids once they have all been back into the routine. Here some schools are doing one group Mon. and Wed. and the other group Tues. and Thurs. live and they all do online learning the 3 days they aren't there in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is a crazy world out there. I know it is so hard on these children and the separation is horrible for them. I hope this all ends soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to hear that William's school day went better than he feared.

    The covid rules are different everywhere. We are in stage 3 here and that means no meetings with anyone at all. Groups of 10 would feel very weird! You just have to follow the rules wherever you are and hope for the best. Our numbers are coming down, fortunately, so we are hoping for restrictions to be relaxed a little next week.

    ReplyDelete