Saturday, March 20, 2021

A Busy Day

The Spring Equinox happened at 5:37 (our time) this morning.  So I can wish you a

Happy Spring!


Today is also International Quilting Day!   We quilters don't really need a special day.  Quilting Day is every day for us.  I am trying my best to do a bit of sewing each day.  Some days nothing is happening.  But I have been adding a few more blocks to my multicoloured scrap quilt.  I don't know what this pattern is called.  It's pretty old.  If you have any ideas, please let me know.  I have made many of these quilts, in several colours, using this pattern.  My DS was here and he volunteered to hold it up for me.


This quilt uses up a lot of scraps.  


In other hobbies, I have finished another pair of socks for William.  He loves the first pair I knit for him.  They are a perfect fit.  He has been busy polishing the foyer floor at his house.  I hope these will fit him as well.  I used a different yarn.  


I have to take a little knitting break now.  
My wrists are getting painful.  
I think it's a carpel tunnel condition. 




Have a great day!




  

8 comments:

  1. I love those yellow flowers! They sure say spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great scrap quilt. I have not yet knit any socks but perhaps one day I will. It's nice to leave winter behind and I look forward to seeimg more of your lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolores. Try knitting some socks sometime. They are really not as difficult as they seem.

      Delete
  3. I love your scrap quilt, so bright and cheerful. Knitting was my hobby before I discovered quilting 10 years ago. The socks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete