Thursday, March 11, 2021

Signs of Spring

 A crocus was blooming in front of my house.  Today was a warm day.  The first of this season.  This Covid thing has taken its toll on me.  I need more spring stuff to keep me going.  I just sat in the sun and admired the pretty yellow colour.  There are many more crocuses showing their green shoots.  I can hardly wait for more blooms to appear soon.  


I made this little journal quilt a couple of years ago.  It measures 8.5 by 11 inches.  



There were also some snowdrops blooming in the backyard, under the apple tree.  Yesterday they were covered in snow and today they are blooming.  So pretty.



It's supposed to get cold again.  But at least this is a start.

4 comments:

  1. How nice to have some early flowers. I haven't planted many bulbs. The one year I did, the squirrels dug up almost all of the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those pesky squirrels! My crocuses are close to the house. So the squirrels leave them alone. But they have eaten every other tulip and crocus in the rest of the yard. The daffodils are safe though. The critters don't like them.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful signs that spring is on its way to you.

    ReplyDelete