Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Some Quilting

My doctor phoned me last week.  She asked if I had been able to do any sewing lately.  I said I hadn't, but when I checked the blocks beside my machine I discovered that there were a few.  


I have been trying to do a bit of sewing each day.  Some days I have been able to sew for about 15 minutes.  Some days I have only been able to sew for a couple of minutes.  And some days there has been absolutely no sewing at all.  This is mostly due to my poor eyesight.  So it amazes me that I have actually made 18 blocks.  They are very easy and use a lot of white which is easier to see.  Here are the blocks I have made so far.




I also found a few UFO blocks.  I hope to make a few more and create a donation quilt.  This is what is done so far.


Another donation quilt that is now complete is this one.  It measures about 36in by 42in.  I think that is big enough.  But I still have a few more blocks so I think I will start another charity quilt.  I just love making these rail fence blocks.  Each measures 3in square (finished).  I have lots of scraps so this is a good way to use them up.  


That's it for today.  Not only is sewing hard on my eyes, but screen time is too.




3 comments:

  1. You have 3 nice quilts started and I especially like the rail fence. I hope you can get some help for your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done getting some blocks made. Any sewing is better than none, right? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! The nice thing about patchwork is that even just making one little bit at a time, you eventually have enough for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete