Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Hot. Hot, Hot

But at least it gave us a chance to finally get outside.  My daughter came over to bring me some plants for the garden.  She also brought me some seeds.  I am slowly filling up my vegetable patch, AKA my Victory Garden.

Since my DD was here, I had her help me hold up some quilting I have been working on lately so I could takes some photos.  The first one is a scrappy one that has kept me busy for several weeks.    DD is holding it sideways because she didn't want it to touch the ground.  It measures about 52 inches by 74 inches.  I think I will add a few more rows and call it a flimsy.  William couldn't resist photo bombing the picture,


I also finished a scrappy charity quilt. 


It was hot!  There is not much shade later in the afternoon.  Although DD and I were social distancing William was busy with some toys he found in the shed.  There were not many things that were age appropriate for him.  He really hasn't been over here for a long time since I spent last summer in a hospital.  Unfortunately he got a bit bored.  After kicking a soccer ball around and playing in the sandbox he decided to run through the sprinkler.  But even that did not hold his attention.  So he decided to wash his little red tricycle.  He wanted it to be clean so he could give it away.  Get a load of those white legs!  First time outside since last summer.


He also watched some ants.  Studying insects is a favourite activity.   He stopped washing his trike because there was so much water on the patio and the ants were drowning.  He thought they should have had swimming lessons.  


Here's a riddle for you straight from the mind of a 5-year old.  

What did the cow do on his day off?  
He went to the moooovies.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad William likes his picture taken. A lot of kids run away or turn their back when they see a camera. Both of your quilts are pretty and colorful. I think that is what keeps us soothed, the machine running and colorful fabrics running through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the riddle giggle, William!

    The quilts look great.

    Enjoy the warmth, we are breaking out the winter woollies here.

    ReplyDelete