Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Some of This, Some of That

It's freezing out!  We actually broke a record for the coldest morning today.  I have been staying home.  Not that I had anywhere to go anyway.  But staying home means lots of creative stuff.

I finished a few dishcloths.  I was following the instructions that said to increase until there are 49 stitches on the needle.  Then Wanda from Exuberant Color said she only goes to 40 stitches because she doesn't feel the need for such a large dishcloth.  I agree with her.  So I have started to make a few with 45 stitches.  I'll show those another time, because they aren't finished yet.


I also finished a couple of cloths that I had put away many years ago.   At that time I belonged to a group that exchanged dishcloths on a monthly basis.  Since I no longer belong to that group, I decided to finish them and add them to my own linen closet. 


I have lots of other projects right now.  And I really shouldn't be starting anything new.  But I think I am suffering from ADD. or else it's the boredom of social isolating because of Covid-19.  But I saw Wanda's 16-patch  quilts.  (see her blog as mentioned above)  They are so beautiful!  I had to try making some blocks.  So last night I got started.  Since I don't have bins full of 2.5 inch strips, I had to cut some.  The first two blocks took me an hour.  But now that I have figured out the measurements I think things will move along faster.


Sorry if my photos look a bit blurry.  I dropped my camera a couple of months ago.  It was expensive and took lovely shots, so I am still using it.  I want to buy a new one.  Maybe when the world gets back to 'normal' I will do that.



2 comments:

  1. I think stopping at 42-45 rows might give me 2 dishcloths per ball of yarn compared to 1 1/2 if I go to 49-50 rows. I have plenty of yarn to last me another 5 years so I don't need to conserve, just like the smaller size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, your photos look fine! At least you’re taking some! That’s what delays my postings....taking pictures. You have some lovely projects. Love the crochet!

    ReplyDelete