Sunday, May 17, 2020

In the Garden

We are in the middle of a long weekend.  Yesterday and this morning were nice.  But we are expecting lots of rain tonight and tomorrow.  I decided to go out and photograph my latest quilt top in the garden.  The concrete ducks are holding it down so it doesn't blow away.
I know it looks very much like my other scrap quilt, but this one is made with longer strips.  Whenever I had those I used them to create a block that measures 5.5 inches square.  This is also a leader and ender project.  I have no idea how big I want to make it or what I will do with it once it is done.  I am just enjoying the mindless sewing.


While in the garden I took a few more photographs of my flora.  There is not a lot going on yet, but I do have a few interesting plants.  One of them is Pulmonaria or lungswort.   It's a perennial and blooms early in spring.  I love blue flowers!




This is my autumn crocus.  It comes up in early spring with many beautiful, lush, green leaves.  The leaves die down during the summer.  Then in the fall beautiful pick blossoms come up straight out of the ground with no leaves at all.



More blue flowers.  Forget-me-nots.  These things are more like weeds.  They come up all over the place.  After they have finished flowering I pull them up and shake some seeds over the garden.  They are biennials, so little seedlings grow that first year.  They come up the next year and flower and the whole process starts over again.


More to come......




2 comments:

  1. I used to have Forget-me-nots but it died out after the gas company cut through the area to put in a new meter. I'm happy to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like blue flowers, too. Forget-me-nots are definitely weedy here though. You find them coming up in bushland where they don't belong.

    ReplyDelete