Saturday, May 23, 2020

Stuff

In the blink of an eye our world changed.  I'm not sure if I am dealing with it well.  I am writing and sewing and doing a bit of gardening, but not much else.  My place is a mess.

My charity quilt is coming along nicely.  I still have several rows to attach.  There are many more blocks in my stash.  I may have to make more quilts.  But that's okay.  These quilts are always needed.   They bring comfort, especially in this trying time.



Many quilters on the internet are making face masks.  A wonderful,  caring activity!  I thought I would make some too.  But e=they weren't much fun to do.  I really wasn't enjoying myself.  Too much like a task I guess.

I didn't even know if they are beneficial.  There has been a lot of controversy about their effectiveness.  Theresa Tam has now done a total about face.  She had originally said that they would not protect anyone from catching the virus.  Now she says they are a necessary part of leaving the house.  Who knows?

So I will make a few more masks in the next couple of days..  The problem is, I can't find my elastic.  It's somewhere in the mess I call my sewing room.  I used bias tape for a couple of them.  But I am almost out of that too.  Oh, well.  I'll do what I can.





2 comments:

  1. Don't be hard on yourself. I'm not managing to get much done these days. I'm finding it really hard to get motivated, and to overcome any little obstacles. It is a very difficult time, and all the uncertainty about everything doesn't make it any easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you take a look at craft passion .com, they make masks but you don't need elastic. They use a cord that wraps around the back of your head and is tied. I used shoe laces. There is even a you tube video that shows you how the mask is done and how it is tied. At least you are keeping busy and I suppose that's the main thing. Do what you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete