Monday, June 29, 2020

A Productive Day

A super hot day today!  It was way too hot for me out in the garden, so I decided to stay inside where it was cool because of the air conditioning   It turned out to be a very productive day as I worked on some more blocks.   First I made two more pink blocks for my leader and ender project.


I also made a couple more blocks for the Framed Nine Patch.  I made the yellow and gray ones.



But most of my time was spent on the Sprouts quilt.  I pieced the first strip together and made a sort of primitive flower at the top.  I saw it on someone's blog.  I can't remember exactly what it looked like.  This is my version.   Sorry I can't give credit where credit is due because I don't know where I saw it.  When I figure it out I will put it in an edit.

This strip measures about 78 inches.  I think I will put a narrow border on it. I wish I had a design wall.  It is difficult to see how it will look just by putting the blocks together.


When I went out to check on the garden this morning I noticed a 4 -inch long cucumber.   That will be tasty soon.  Hope the squirrels won't beat me to it.  Everything else seemed fine except for the back corner.    The rain and wind over night had broken a huge piece of my Lovage .  Also, several pieces of Sweet Cicely were flat on the ground.  I decided to rescue them and take them inside so I could enjoy their beauty in a vase.


And bonus!  A photo of William when he was here last week.  He brought his bike because he loves to ride down my ramp.   I hold my breath every time he does it.  I told him it was dangerous, but he did not agree with me.

3 comments:

  1. Your Sprouts flower is cute. It is a nice way to personalise the design. Of course the real flowers are nice too. And William is very cute on his bike. I suppose it is the job of small boys to make their grandmothers worry about their safety as they tackle the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good sewing day! Little boys don't know what danger is and they like thrills. They don't know how many skinned knees and arms we have seen in our lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did have a productive day....I am tired reading all that you have done. Love the picture of your grandson and flowers.

    ReplyDelete