Sunday, June 7, 2020

A Squirrel Suspect and Some Garden Photos

The pot with that beautiful Hibiscus that I showed a couple of days ago was totally destroyed when I went outside this morning.  All the flowers had been chewed off and the plants were uprooted.
I think it may have been a squirrel who did the damage.  Although we don't have many squirrels in the backyard this year I have seen some running across the phone line.  Anything bigger, like a raccoon, would have crushed the plants.  I replanted all the uprooted ones and then sprinkled some cayenne pepper on the soil.  I hope that will keep the critters away.  There are still several buds on the Hibiscus plant.




I took a few photos of the backyard.  A friend had never seen it after we took the pool out 12 years ago.  With the Covid isolation she was not able to come over.
The arbor with a Wisteria growing on it.  This is on the west side.


This is the east side.  My raised flower bed with vegetables.


The middle. There are a lot of weeds in this back section.  I will need to spend a lot of time cleaning it up.


This is the front yard.  



2 comments:

  1. You have a very nice yard and gardens. I wish mine was that organized. Those squirrels do love to dig up plants and sometimes leave a walnet down in the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks lovely! Very disappointing to have the wildlife digging up plants. I hope the plants will recover from that, and the buds open for you.

    ReplyDelete