Thursday, June 4, 2020

My Blooming Garden

Most of my spring blooms are finished.  But there is lots of colour right now from the early summer flowers.  Here is a gorgeous iris.  It is growing in the front flower bed.




I love Columbine.  It's the official floral emblem of Scarborough where I live.




Here is another one.  It's yellow.  My facourite colour after blue. 


I also have a new Hibiscus.  It's to replace a yellow one that brought me joy for many years.  I love the colour of this one.  My son wanted to know if it was a perennial.  I told him it would continue blooming for many years as long as I brought it in as soon as the overnight temperature goes down to 5C in the fall.  That's too much work for him.  He will come here and enjoy my plant..











2 comments:

  1. I used to have a yellow columbine but I watered it too much in a drought year and it died. I have never found another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never grown columbines, but they are lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete