Thursday, July 2, 2020

A Canada Day Street party

We live on a very nice quiet street with lots of trees that form a canopy over the road..  It is only one block long. so there is not much traffic.  A neighbour at number 12 left a card in my mailbox inviting everyone on the street to come over to his place between 11:00 and noon on July 1st.  It was to be a Covid-19 Canada Day party.  We were to bring our own chair and something to drink.  We were asked to respect social distancing and wear a face mask. 

I wasn't sure if I wanted to attend.  But I did go and learned a lot about my neighbours.  It was an enjoyable hour.  No one wanted to leave when it was time to go.  . 

Since not much was happening on Canada Day this was a perfect diversion.  I was proud to be a resident of our street.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like everyone had a lovely time in the shade on a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy weekend, greetings from me in Indonesia, have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived on your street! My street is full of cars and no one talks to each other!

    ReplyDelete