Monday, July 6, 2020

Too Hot!

I have been trying to keep my garden alive during this heat wave.  But it is not an easy task.  I have to water at least once a day and sometimes twice.

On top of that my scooter is not working properly.  I called the people I bought it from and they promised to come and look at it either yesterday afternoon or this morning.  They never came.  I cannot keep it in the brake setting.  That means it rolls away from me on a hill or even a very slight incline.  On my ramp it just takes off.  It's very dangerous.  Also, I can't get off it because it moves.  I could fall flat on my face.  I wish I had never bought it.  Sorry to go on about this but it is really staring to bother me.

Okay.  So I will post about a few flowers instead.  I spotted my first day lily today.  It's a peachy colour.,  I love it.  I missed these last year.  So glad I get to enjoy them this year.


My Shasta daisy is also starting to bloom.   I thought I had lost it.  The creeping bell flowers were choking it out.  But now most of the bell flowers have been pulled out.  Still need to do a bit more weeding to get rid of as many of the roots as I can or I will have the same problem again next year.
.

My phlox are beginning to bloom.  I love these too.  Last week William picked me a bouquet of them.  Oh, well.  I have lots more in other parts of the garden.


I don't have many roses.  But I do have one called 'Woman'.  It's so fitting.  It is strong.  Comes up every year without winter protection.  And blooms a lovely pale colour.  I have had it in my garden for over 25 years.  This year it is surrounded by spearmint from the neighbour's garden.  I have a lot of weeding to do!  The first blossom was almost done when I took the photo, but another bud is getting ready to bloom.



Now going back to do some sewing.   The AC is on but it is still super hot! 

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen a peach day lily. I guess there are probably a lot of colors of them I have never seen. My Phlox died out, choked by periwinkle Vinca and another invasive ground cover. It's nice that you have a rose you don't have to do a lot of special care for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your scooter! I hope you can get it sorted out soon, because brake failure is not something you can accept.

    The flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete