Sunday, July 19, 2020

Slowly and Blindly Stitching

I don't know if this will qualify for Slow Stitching on Sunday or not.  I have to go to the hospital on Tuesday for a scary radiation test.  I don't really know what to expect, but I do know that I will need a mask.  Since I have given most of them away I decided to make a new one.  But my measurements were out.  I had to stitch the elastic on by hand.  That requires eye sight.  Which unfortunately I don't have much of.   I stitched it on mostly by touch.  Threading the needle was a real challenge.  But the mask fits okay and I will wear it.

Lioking up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.

7 comments:

  1. I hope the experience won't be as scary as you anticipate. The mask is pretty and as long as it fits that is all that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will look very smart in your new mask. Very best wishes with your test, and for good results too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like hand stitching to me. Your mask is beautiful. I hope the radiation test is easier than you are thinking. Sending some prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best for your test on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to everyone who left me such positive comments. Your kind thoughts will help to get me through this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hand stitching elastic counts as slow stitching in my mind. You most definitely picked out pretty fabric. Thoughts for you on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your test on Tuesday. Your mask looks fine. Hand-stitching elastic is no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete