Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Insanity?

I feel like I may have a problem.   A 'starting new projects' problem.  Yesterday I posted a Shoo Fly block.  That was the only one I was supposed to make.  But last night I made a few more and today I have 9 of them.
Mine are 6 inch blocks.  I really enjoy making them.  I think I will make some more and turn them into a baby quilt.


I also worked on the waffle blocks.  I made a few more.  There is a purple one in there.  Don't ask me why I made that one.  They were supposed to be blue.  But I liked the colour and the fabric was just laying there.  So I used it.  This is supposed to be fun, right?  So when I get around to the colour purple, I'll just make one less.


While looking for my elastic and some more scraps, I found a bin full of colourful blocks that I had started a long time ago.  So this is not a new project.  I have no idea what these will become.  Only time will tell.
One of these projects will be called Insanity.  I haven't yet decided which one.

Oh, and by the way, I still haven't found my elastic.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like three fun scrappy projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should sew whatever you want and decide sometime down the road what it will become. It could be a row quilt with a different block on each row with sashing between them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you have a problem! Welcome to the club LOL!
    I sewed a few more shoo fly blocks this week and hope to be able to finish my quilt top soon. I'm loving the waffle blocks for using up the 1.5" scraps!

    ReplyDelete