Sunday, July 26, 2020

Feeling Green

I have had a very stressful week.  The nuclear test I had last Tuesday showed an infection in my left leg.  I have been complaining of that for the past 7 weeks.  Yet no one took me seriously.  A new doctor finally listened and ordered the test.  I am grateful to her.

But now I have to keep busy or my thoughts will over take me.  I found some green blocks.  I have no idea when or why I started them.  Some are done and some need to be finished.  I was working on that but my rotary cutter is no longer sharp.  It is becoming dangerous to use it.  Does anyone have any solutions for this problem?




I decided to do some knitting.  That is also a green project.  It is easy to see and easy to do.  I will work on that until it gets too hot.  Then I will go outside and enjoy some green things in the garden.
 

I will try to link up with Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday.

7 comments:

  1. Great green projects, blocks and knitting! I'd suggest a blade replacement too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no more new blades. And no way to get any. I have been trying to sharpen the one I have, with a blade sharpener but it is not working. I've heard that running the blade across a crumpled piece of aluminum foil might help. But I am afraid to try that in case it gets worse.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to read about your leg infection. But now it's been found, I'm sure you will be getting treatment to clear it up. So pleased you found a doctor who listened to your concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blocks,praying for wisdom for your dr and a quick healing 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have had a time of getting doctors listen to you. How wonderful a doctor sent you off to have tests. I hope the infection heals quickly. Those blocks are pretty and I love all those pretty green cables you are knitting. Such wonderful texture in this knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your leg infection. Glad that you finally found a doctor who would listen. Are you sure you can't order some new blades off the internet. That would be the best solution for your rotary cutter. Your green blocks are great. I love the knitting too. What a pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Hetty, I'm sorry to hear all that. I hope the Dr can get the infection sorted out now that they know what is going on.

    I'd send you new blades, but the international postage at the moment is so slow you might not get them before next year. I hope you can find someone in Canada who can send you some. Maybe a local quilt shop could sell you some over the phone and pop them in the post?

    ReplyDelete